The Gobbledegook Book: A Joy Cowley Anthology
Book Author & Illustrator Joy Cowley & Giselle Clarkson
Rights Available World excl. NZ
Joy Cowley’s favourite stories, poems and nonsense rhymes collected and reillustrated in a hardback gift volume for the family to treasure. Joy Cowley’s wordplay and humour shine in this landmark collection of stories, rhymes, nonsense and poems. The Gobbledegook Book collects favourites like ‘Faster Faster’ and less-known treasures alongside the much-loved classics ‘Greedy Cat’ and ‘Nicketty-Nacketty Noo-Noo-Noo’. The Gobbledegook Book is a perfect family read-aloud and one for early readers to snuggle up with.
• This treasury of favourites from one of our most popular children’s writers will become a staple for New Zealand families
• Includes classics that children will recognise alongside surprises
• Fresh, vibrant and funny illustrations enliven Cowley’s stories for a new generation
• Every household has their Joy Cowley favourites and well-worn books—this anthology pulls them together in one volume
• Joy Cowley was shortlisted for the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 2018, and has a wide and loyal following in the public, school and library sectors
About the Author
Joy Cowley is one of New Zealand’s best-loved writers for children and adults, with an international reputation. She has won a multitude of awards and honours for her bestselling books, including the Prime Ministers Award for contribution to literature. She was shortlisted for the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 2018.
Giselle Clarkson is a freelance illustrator and comic artist. She illustrated Secret World of Butterflies (2017) and is best known for her illustrations for conservation and environmental projects, and of biscuits— Common Household Biscuits of New Zealand was a viral hit. She lives in Wellington, New Zealand.