Congratulations to the 16 shortlisted authors for the 2022 Ockham New Zealand Book Awards.
There are four main categories awarded on the night as you will see below, as well as the Crystal Arts Trust Best First Book award winners.
All winners will be announced at the ceremony on 11 May.
Jann Medlicott Acorn Prize for Fiction
- A Good Winter by Gigi Fenster (Text Publishing)
- Entanglement by Bryan Walpert (Mākaro Press)
- Greta & Valdin by Rebecca K Reilly (Te Herenga Waka University Press)
- Kurangaituku by Whiti Hereaka (Huia Publishers)
Mary and Peter Biggs Award for Poetry
- Rangikura by Tayi Tibble (Te Herenga Waka University Press)
- Sleeping with Stones by Serie Barford (Anahera Press)
- The Sea Walks into a Wall by Anne Kennedy (Auckland University Press)
- Tumble by Joanna Preston (Otago University Press)
Booksellers Aotearoa New Zealand Award for Illustrated Non-Fiction
- Dressed: Fashionable Dress in Aotearoa New Zealand 1840 to 1910 by Claire Regnault (Te Papa Press)
- NUKU: Stories of 100 Indigenous Women by Qiane Matata-Sipu (QIANE+co)
- Shifting Grounds: Deep Histories of Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland by Lucy Mackintosh (Bridget Williams Books)
- The Architect and the Artists: Hackshaw, McCahon, Dibble by Bridget Hackshaw (Massey University Press)
General Non-Fiction Award
- From the Centre: A Writer’s Life by Patricia Grace (Penguin, Penguin Random House)
- The Alarmist: Fifty Years Measuring Climate Change by Dave Lowe (Te Herenga Waka University Press)
- The Mirror Book by Charlotte Grimshaw (Vintage, Penguin Random House)
- Voices from the New Zealand Wars | He Reo nō ngā Pakanga o Aotearoa by Vincent O’Malley (Bridget Williams Books)