Book Author & Illustrator Peter Gilderdale & Fifi Colston
Rights Available World excl. NZ
“While the people puzzled how to shift a boat this BIG, a little yellow digger came and just began to dig.”
Inspired by the TRUE STORY of a giant container ship wedged in a tight spot and blocking one of the busiest waterways in the world, this playful addition to the classic series sees the world’s favourite LITTLE YELLOW DIGGER come to the rescue — again!
• An all-new Little Yellow Digger book!
• Proven bestselling series with over 650,000 books in print
• Betty & Alan Gilderdale’s son Peter has inherited his mother’s great story-telling ability and faultless sense of rhyme and rhythm
• Fifi Colston has done a fabulous job of illustrating the story, in the style of the late Alan Gilderdale
• Little Yellow Digger fans will love this creative take on solving a problem that made headlines around the world
About the Author
Peter Gilderdale is a senior lecturer in communication design at AUT, who has just written his third title in the Little Yellow Digger series after The Little Yellow Digger ABC and, most recently, The Little Yellow Digger Saves Christmas, published in 2020. Peter has worked as an Egyptologist, art historian and a calligrapher. He lived and worked in Denmark as a calligrapher, and since returning to New Zealand, has taught both design history and theory, as well as calligraphy.
Fifi Colston is a Wellington veteran of The World of Wearable Art Awards and is the author of the children’s ‘how-to’ costume books, Wearable Wonders (winner of the Elsie Locke Award for non-fiction) and its companion volume, Ghoulish Get-ups. She has her fingers in many creative pies: junior fiction novelist, children’s book illustrator, magazine poet and a long- standing television presenter of arts and crafts. Fifi has also illustrated a number of Scholastic titles, including the acclaimed The Red Poppy, written by David Hill.